Places traveled through

Places traveled through

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Morning update

Paul's night was fair.
This morning they did a brochoscope to check on the newly created "flap" it is doing okay.
His temperature is currently 102 degrees and blood pressure is down but his heart rate remains high.

Paul heavily sedated and is medically paralyzed to prevent him  from trying to breath on his own.  They want the ventilator to the work for him.  They said they will probably try to remove him from the ventilator later today, they do not want to damage the new flap.

I continue to remind myself that the doctor said the next 48hours are critical and not worry.  48 hours....   2880 minutes........  We will get through this even if it means taking one minute at a time.

I hold his hand and tell him he is doing well.  I let him know that all of you are praying for him.  I tell him he is surrounded by a beautiful and peace filled energy that is being sent by all our friends and families.

I want to crawl in to that bed with him and hold him so close to me, but I can't so holding his hand will has to be sufficient for now.

I will post an update later this evening.

Hugs and love,
Jo and Paul too

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 19, 2013

    Our thoughts and prayers are with you both.

    Michael and Sallie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy SchaefferJune 19, 2013

    Thinking of both of you. Read the poem "Footprints"! Maybe that will help keep you calm some. I am really sorry you both had to go through this again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, you are doing such beautiful and powerful work by holding Paul's hand and reassuring him in the manner you have described. Keep it up and let others do the same for you. Holding you both close in heart, thought and prayer. Gentle hugs . . .

    ReplyDelete