Places traveled through

Places traveled through

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Let go and let God


Years ago I remember reading a sign that said "Let go and let God.  It isn't always easy, but it's worth it!"

Had a scare this morning.  Paul's heart rate jumped to 212 with an irregular rhythm.  They are monitoring him closely.  It was hard to walk out the room when they were bringing the crash cart.  I trust, I pray and that is all I can do.  Praying for the heart rate to return to normal.   It's been 2 hours and the heart rate continues to be over 140'

Later in life I learned to sign this poem and it has always been one of my favorites....

Let go and let God
As children bring their broken toys with tears for us to mend.
I brought my broken dreams to God, because He was my friend.
But then instead of leaving Himin peace to work alone.
I hung around and tried to help with ways that were my own.
At last I snatched them back and cried " How could you be so slow?"
"My child"  He said "What could I do, you never did let go?"


I am letting go ... And trusting.

Jo

9 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 13, 2013

    Holding you and hugging you....praying...With love.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending our love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wrapping you both in love and holding space for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AnonymousJune 13, 2013

      I want to be with you...Hold on to the Faith that was the gift given to us. I know where you are. I have walked that JOURNEY, more than once. Here, in body, but in spirit with you as we are storming heaven. Lord hear our prayer and may the precious blood of our Lord Jesus pour forth over Paul and those that minister to him. In body, in mind and in spirit. Pope John Paul II, we pray for your intercession. After all you and Sister Viterbia played cards together. So carry our petition to the Divine Physician... for Jo and Paul so they may be examples of your love to others. Lord hear our prayer...

      Delete
  4. Heart rate is normal. Checked arm for blood clots..... EKG done...... Adding more oxygen.....

    Thank you for prayers

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 13, 2013

    Here, trusting along with you.
    Sending love, prayers and all encompassing hugs to both of you.
    I'm also told to let you know that my friend, Aida, is praying for both of you and that she will continue to do so.
    Jeannie XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping my fingers crossed you don't have more scares like this and recovery is smooth and happy from here on.
    AS

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJune 14, 2013

    Jo,
    It was so good to see you and Paul at Caliente over Memorial Day week. Paul looked great and in good spirits and you definitely need a hug. Hang in there!!!

    My thoughts are with you both...
    Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJune 14, 2013

    Keeping you in our prayers and hoping for a smoother progress. No more heart scares. Love you always

    Barb & Steve

    ReplyDelete