Places traveled through

Places traveled through

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

On to New Routines

We have had a couple days to try and create a routine for ourselves.  One thing that is definitely different for me is that since Paul is not able to eat solid foods, I don't have to cook.  Well, not really cook.  My wonderful neighbor Irene brought by some carrots, cabbage and apple for the food co-op she works at, so I have cooked up that for myself to have during the week.  Thanks Irene!  ll in all being home is wonderful.  Sleeping in our own bed makes for a much more restful night and as Paul has shared he is not being awaken between midnight and 2 am by the USC vampires (blood draws).  He is looking and feeling better day by day.  He is trying to get some food down his throat before it closes up completely again.  Chicken broth and juice seems to be okay.  Solid food is too much as no matter how good he chews, it just isn't enough.

We thought that the Chemo treatments were going to begin on Monday, but the oncologist wanted us to wait a few days to get the radiologist on the same schedule.  Paul will begin Chemo on Thursday morning and see the radiologist on Thursday afternoon.  We will make a trip back to USC for a Follow-up appointment with the surgeon next week.  Home Health nurses are scheduled to come twice a week to check on Paul's progress with the J tube feeding and overall well being.  They will probably make it once a week in the future as he gains back his strength and his open wound on the abdomen closes.  The next two weeks will be busy with us adjusting to this new routine.

I have enough paperwork to keep me busy for at least a week.  I created a log book to track Paul's daily vitals, amount of food intake and also all his doctor appointments, blood work and any that will be vital for his care.  Then there is the tracking of Health Insurance deductions and EOB's, trying to settle things regarding the sewage flooding we had in February to our new Park Model home, and trying to plan the enclosed stick built enclosed room for that park Model so we can move in.  This year has really thrown us a couple of curve-balls, but we are not striking out yet!  In fact, I think we are on the way to getting a few Home Runs!  It is Spring, right?  Baseball season should be starting, so I think hitting a few "Out of the Park" is just what we need!

Will keep everyone up to date as much as possible.  Thank you for all the hugs I have collected so far since arriving home, I'm looking forward to collecting more!

 Did you know as quoted by American Psychologist and Educator, Virginia Satir (1916-1988)
We need 4 hugs a day for survival.  
We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance.  
We need 12 hugs a day for growth.  
Paul and I wish each of you enough hugs so you can grow into being the person God meant you to be.

\Hugs,
Jo and Paul

8 comments:

  1. I am gald to hear thingas are starting to calm down a bit!
    Here is a HUG for today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add two more hugs to Wednesday... Can you feel them Right hand on left shoulder, left hand on right shoulder, squeeze tight. Love from Big Sis and Don...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's 3 and counting. At this rate I may be able to survive the day!
    Thanks
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if you're using a baseball analogy, go for a triple play Hug.
    Or at least grab a Twofer (one of those local-dialect terms from UP/Minn that I like).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Add a hug from me! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling better already!
    These Hugs are making my day!
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending out a Big Thank You for all the hugs.

    Anne, Kathy, Bob, Dick, Jean, Vic, Ron, Deb, Zana, Marilyn, Garrett, Mic, Jabee, Karen, Bob, Teri, Cathy, Gerry and most of all my beloved...Paul

    The past couple of days have re-energized me.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete