Places traveled through

Places traveled through

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

Happy Easter.

We are home and relaxing.  My goal was to make it to morning services, but that didn't happen.
1. I over slept, nothing like sleeping in your own bed.
2. Had to get Paul's food started, it ran out in the wee hours of morning.
3.  Paul really needed a haircut and shave, I don't mind the "Mountain man" look, but I like him better clean shaven.
and it just felt so good to lay in bed and have my husband next to me.

It is now 11:30 and I am finally sitting down to my breakfast.  I really need to work on getting a new schedule for us to be more productive.

Changed Paul's wound dressing as it was wet and seeping through the bandage.  I like when the hospital had the wound vac on, it kept it dry.  I will bring that up to the doctor as it seems to be seeping and I really don't feel good about a moist, seeping wound in the heat.  Seems to me a good place for bacteria to grow.  Might be a bit paranoid, but after everything Paul has gone through in the last 3 weeks, I really want things to stay as uneventful as possible.
Paul is on a feeding tube with food going in 20 hours a day.  He gets 4 hours off for doctor appointments or getting out of the house.  The traveling nurse said some people go out with their I.V. pole and food, but Paul wouldn't hear of doing that.  He is feeling better but tires very easy.  So a lot of relaxing and naps for him.

I have to get laundry done, run and get prescriptions filled and take a couple hours of "me" time, well, not really, but doing laundry and running a couple of errand will get me some time alone to think and reflect on our new journey in life.

Happy Easter.




Thank you for all your good thoughts and well wishes.

Jo and Paul

P.S.  There is no place like home!



10 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are home! It may take a while to get a comfortable routine going, so be patient with yourself. You'll soon find a groove. Won't hurt a bit to take a few days to relax and be easy on yourself. Well, in between laundry and running errands! Gentle hugs to you both . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you guys are at least in the comfort of your own place. There's nothing like sleeping in your own bed with your partner after being in the hospital for days and days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhhhh!!!Don't ya' feel better now? All prettied up again/cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter! Looking good, Paul! Glad you're smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look good! Glad you are finally home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter and happy spring! Glad to see you are home and enjoying Easter in your own home! hope you are feeling better. Get some rest! Give Jo a chance to rest and relax herself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all for the encouraging comments. I really appreciate sharing your thoughts, comments and the love you give.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy that you are home. praying for you both everyday.. You will get through this as you are both strong and courageous Love, Hugs and Blessings sent your way..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank god you got to take that handsome man home and away from that hospital. We will continue to pray for his quick and complete recovery, but am thankful you guys get back to that wonderful place called home. As always if you two need anything please don't hesitate to give us a ring. I can work from anywhere if I need to and Jenna is an excellent cook and desert chef ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adam and Jenna, thank you for the offer. We'll let you know if we need anything.
    Jo and Paul

    ReplyDelete