Places traveled through

Places traveled through

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sometimes it feel like one step forward....


and two steps back!

Very early morning as Paul sat vomiting, all I could do was breath deeply and pray.
He is trying so hard to do what needs to be done...breathing exercises, walking, thinking positive thoughts.
Today he farted,  you would think we had hit the lottery with the amount of joy we both felt.  A little step, but one that means the bowels are returning back to normal. It make take a day or two...but they will be forgiving.
As I read the emails received this morning of prayers being offered for us, I sobbed. It has been a long time since I broke down...well, not really, it just felt that way!  I think it was seeing the tear roll down Paul's cheek when he said "I'm trying m'lady...I'm really trying"
We are both trying.  I gave him a soft back massage as he stood looking out the window, it was so good to hear him sigh with relief, he let out  a moan ...I asked "does it hurt?"  "No,feels good".   To be able to comfort  him, give him strength, made me feel better.
My daughter Elizabeth and grandson Gage have been been here which has been a god send.  She has done "store runs"  provided meals and a shoulder to lean on.  Gage has provided Paul and I with smiles and the much needed distraction to all this.  Gage has really been a trooper to being in the hospital, being in strang place for the night and having to be in the carseat so much.

We are looking forward to this hospital stay ending and going home.

God bless,
Jo and Paul



3 comments:

  1. Yay! for the fart! Hahaha! I know that sounds crazy, but it was such a milestone following surgery. I didn't realize you were still in hospital, Paul. Hang in there; you'll be home before long. Really. There are so many unpleasant moments in a cancer experience, but there are also so many beautiful ones . . . Hang on to each other and know you are being kept in thought, heart and prayers. Gentle hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we will be here a couple more days.
    Thanks for understanding the milestone we just achieved!

    Jo and Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up, both of you! I know you can do it even if it is really hard. Prayers!
    Coke

    ReplyDelete