Places traveled through

Places traveled through

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Enough

This morning we had a good start.  Paul had a BM at 4:30 am.  What a great present for me.  We were joking that this will be a birthday to remember !  Who else could be so happy at receiving a sh*t for their birthday?

Our celebration was short lived. When the  incision from the J tube surgery started to ooze while he was sitting and getting geared up for our morning walk.  I cleaned it, and let the nurse know.  It seemed fine.   Paul wanted to get some walking in after the achevement this morning.  The oozing filled four 4 by 4 pads within a few minutes.  Doctor came and put on some butterfly stitches .  He said should be fine just some small oozing.  Cleaned up , covered with gauze and towel in hand we were ready to attempt the walk again.  Made it a bit further, now the oozing was running down his belly.  Doc came back, squeezed it and said the insicion may need to be opened up so it can drain.  For now it will be a wait and see.  it is not infected, just a small part of the insicion opened.  Surgeon said to wait...walk later today and see what happens.  As long as there is no infection, the surgeon dose not want to reopen the insicion or put in a drainage tube.

When is this going to end?  Enough already!  How much more is it giving to take before Paul's positive outlook goes down the drain?  

Paul's feelings... It's one thing after another.

For those who know me all I can say is... It's Jo Lord, not Job!

Love and hugs to all
Jo and Paul 

6 comments:

  1. Hang in there and stay positive! We're rooting for you guys and Paul's recovery.

    -Kev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul and Jo, I don't know what your beliefs are regarding religion or spirituality, so please don't take offense. This quote from Mother Teresa, though, is one I've thought of so often in my life . . . it makes me smile.

    “I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much.”
    ― Mother Teresa

    When going through cancer or other challenges in my life, it's always easy to focus on the lousy stuff. Right now I'm in a holding pattern awaiting my CT scan results and I could be worried . . . but the thing is, I'm ALIVE. It's this moment, all the wonderfully good things in my life that I focus on. Paul, you're here fighting with Jo by your side. How wonderful is that you have each other and what a groovy thing it is to live the full-timing life! What you're experiencing is so hard, so very, very hard . . . but you are also surrounded by so many positive things in your life. You can do this and by doing so, other challenges will seem so much easier to get through after you have passed this stage. I hope this makes sense. A positive attitude goes a very long way towards recovery; I'm a two-time survivor and I know that for a fact. "Attitude is everything" has been another of my mantras. What a wonderful birthday gift! Hahaha! That is a great accomplishment and one more sign that your body is recovering. Try to be patient and hang in, hang on! Gentle hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo - Thank you so much for the updates. We continue to pray for both you and Paul. Your Job comment was very clever, stay positive. You are doing amazing. Also, Happy Birthday! What does that make you now... 37 or 38?

    Paul - We look forward to seeing you back at CS as soon as possible. You are missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Jo, post op poohs are indeed good gifts.

    How is your menieres disease doing now?

    We think of you all often.

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello My Dears
    You both are in our hearts and prayers. You are missed and loved by all. It's hard to continully be positive with all that you are going through but that positive attitude is what helps with the healing. Do take care and know you both are truly loved.
    Barb & Steve

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are hanging in there and looking forward to returning home as soon as possible. Trying our best to stay positive.

    ReplyDelete