Places traveled through

Places traveled through

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Arizonia



Our New Mexico boondock morning
After spending the other night at the "no amenities" rest area in New Mexico, our plans were to boondock at the rest area just outside of Flagstaff, Arizona.  As we approached the rest area, blockades and a sign stated, "Rest Area Closed."  Now what? We talked as we continued on our way, gauging the time and the setting sun.  Can we make it to Seligman before darkness falls upon us? That would mean doing the Ash Fork mountain pass in the dark, something I was really hesitant about doing.  We continued driving and Paul spotted the "Grand Canyon Train" depot.  I asked, "Have you ever been to the Grand Canyon?  "No" was his reply, "But, I've flown over it!" As a smile swept across his face, I could tell the wheels in his head were concocting an idea. He drove to the next exit, turned around and we are now hooked up at Canyon Gateway RV Park!  Will get some things done in Flagstaff, banking, grocery shopping, and then off to see the Grand Canyon.  Isn't life wonderful when it places opportunities before you?

  
Arizona: Welcome Rest Stop sign

Flagstaff, Arizona: Is that snow on the ground? 

“The Gods cannot help those who do not seize opportunities” - Chinese Proverb

1 comment:

  1. Jo, you will love the Grand Canyon! I was so awed by it when I first saw it my mouth fell open and hit the ground I remember! It was so beautiful! The colors of the rock, the sky it was awesome! ENJOY IT!

    ReplyDelete