Places traveled through

Places traveled through

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday July 28, 2013. Hospital Day 48

Paul had a rough night last night and is feeling very tired today.
12:30 AM Coughing, choking....  I suctioned the tracheotomy
1:30 AM Heavy coughing, choking....  I suctioned the tracheotomy with a small amount of sterile saline.
3:10 AM Coughing ...... I suctioned tracheotomy
5:10 AM Paul requested something for pain as his stomach muscles and right back/shoulder are sore from all the coughing.
6:00 AM. Blood draw...... The start of our morning routine...Chest X-ray to follow then morning medications.

Sometime today I will get Paul up to take a shower.  I know it will tire him out and zap any energy he has, but I also feel it will be good for him to have the water run over his body and rehydrate his very dry skin.  I teased him this morning and told him he looks like a snake with all the skin he is shedding.  I will warm some lotion and try that too!

I'm hoping that later today he will have the energy to do his daily walking (Physical Therapy) and his arm exercises ( Occupational Therapy).  I don't want to push him too hard, but I don't want any set backs either. He has worked too hard and come too far to let a bad day send him backwards.   We know this will be a long recovery.  Paul weight loss alone is going to take time, probably months to recoup some of the fat and muscle back to his body.   I wish there was a way to "suck out" the fat from my body and give it to him.  Lord knows I have enough to spare, especially after this hospital stay.   I tend to stress eat all the wrong foods.  *smile

It is fairly early and I am hoping as the day progresses so will his energy and strength.

Thank you all for you constant encouragement, well wishes and shared energy.

Jo

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 28, 2013

    hang in there god be with you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 28, 2013

    Was hoping it was a peace filled good nights rest. Continue to pray, and hold you in my daily thoughts. Thinking, praying, hoping, Love Ya. Big Sis BOBBY and DON..

    ReplyDelete